Presenting the Lights, Camera, Action! Series
Each of the four titles in this innovative series contains an award-winning script that can be performed by primary or lower secondary students. Included along with the play are detailed modifications for using the script as a stage play, film production, radio play or puppet show. Each title contains:
- Full stage play script;
- Information on stage production roles (e.g. stage directions, casting, set design, costuming, lighting, sound and publicity);
- Film production roles;
- Storyboarding, camera use and shots;
- Details of specific technical equipment required;
- Explanations of film terminology;
- Easy-to-follow shooting script;
- A guide to the process of film editing;
- Photocopiable student activity sheets.
Foreigners in Oztralia is a fun play about different people’s lifestyles and dealing with expectations that are not met. Two worlds come together when Anita and Frederick, an upper crust couple from England come to stay at Shazza and Bazza’a homestead. Anita and Frederick’s high expectations of luxury and first class service are dashed when Shazza and Bazza proudly show off their homestead, which not only lodges foreigners, but a very pregnant cow! There’s a little lesson to be learnt about materialism and judging people by external appearances.
Author: Jacquelin Melilli